Monday, January 7, 2008

Sweet + Bitter Day

It's kinda nice to come out for breakfast before sunrise once in a while.

Mum and bro's flight to Australia was an hour earlier than Jane's. So after we sent them off to the airport, Dad, Jane and I then went to one of our favourite kopitiams, LXY for handmade Hakka noodles. When we got there at 6.15am, the shop was only 'half opened' and the girls were still busy setting up tables and chairs. We grabbed a seat at the corridor & ordered our drinks and noodles. Hey, it feels quite refreshing to be at the kopitiam while the sky is still dark! No cars, no crowds, cool breeze, no noise, can hear birds chirping, can see ppl jogging by the roadside... somemore we received very good customer service too as we were their first customers for the day!! ^^

My morning started quite well except for a few tears and sadness. My plan for the rest of the Sunday was to take it easy and nap if possible. I haven't had enough sleep since Jane's return 2 weeks ago! Must cherish every second, every minute of our precious time mah :p

Just when I was about to fall asleep, my brother called from Brunei, asking me where my mum's valid Australia visa is. Hmm.. that's odd. I remembered reminding everyone about their passports before their departures! My brother said the one mum brought expired in 2005! OMG! I then frantically searched the whole house, hoping that my bro and mum have overlooked and that the valid visa is with them all along. Not only was the house turned upside down, my world was upside down too because I FOUND her visa.

Apparently, mum's visa is in an old passport but she mistook the oldER one instead. The worst thing is, they had already boarded the plane and were already on their way to Australia. Gosh, this is terrible. Mum might be asked to fly back! @0@ I always make sure everyone brings the latest passport after J's case last year. Another reminder to be added to my list after mum's incident liao...

As it was Sunday, we couldn't contact the Aus immigration for help. So dad and I thought of emailing the scanned copy of mum's visa to my sister in Aus who would then bring it to the airport. Some of us were actually quite worried that this might not work as AUS Immigration and custom are famous for their v strict rules. There were no other choices. We just gotta try.

Finding a scanner in Kch was harder than I thought! I spent the whole afternoon running around Kch looking for one! I was already both mentally and physically exhausted. That includes my body & soul, my brain and eyes.
Geez, mayb I should just buy a cheap scanner! That would save me a lot of trouble!

I don't wanna recall how I finally found a scanner. It makes me exhausted just by thinking back! Anyway, am glad that our efforts paid off because the AUS immi let mum thru (^^)y *Yayeeeee* It was definitely a BIG relief!

This is a scary incident and definitely a lesson learned! Luckily mum has a bunch of helpful kids or else, she would be deported to M'sia today hahahaha... I can laugh abt it now because nothing bad happens. Phew... 好才是有惊无险... Thank God........


I looked exactly like this yesterday - an exhausted Panda


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

walao~ *cold sweat*, consider your mum really lucky loh, luckily she got a bunch of great kids!

ha? famous hakka noodle? how come me pure blood hakka never heard of it? where is LXY? must go n try!!! ... got hakka noodle meh? is it the 'su coi mian xian'?

p/s jane arrived safely?

Anonymous said...

Mum, bro and Jane all arrived safely.

haiyo lj, u are one lao ya Hakka. U shame us! haha.. LXY is right in front of my office. if you come after sunrise, then need to wait v v v v long.

This is like kolomee but only much nicer! so, Wanna have super early breakfast with me next time? hehe...

Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh, that's a close call! fortunately u were around to help! Hmm.. One great kid is better than a dozen of rotten ones huh? :-)

I think i know which handmade noodles u were talking about. Got a few 'branches' in Kch. I can't imagine myself waking up that early to eat breakfast! U r good! ;p

Jane Jane said...

yeah, i was so worried while i was in sg...kept calling home..my phone bills would be over the roof..but it's worth it :) yeah, the noodle was super delicious and most importantly, i had my breakfast with the ppl i love the most ;)

Tracy said...

Your mum really lucky. You really calm and know what to do .. if me my mind will go blank and do nothing. Yummy.. yummy.. want to try the noodle when i go to visit you...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Jennifer Kho said...

I've taken u there before, Tracy. I call it 'JPJ noodles' ^^ The next time u visit, we can go to The Spring after JPJ Noodles. Sounds good?

Yeah, having breakfast with ur loved ones made the noodles tasted so much better! :)

Thanks, Crescenet. Will definitely visit ur site :) Keep visiting k.