Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good Food Discovery

Planned to have chicken porridge for dinner tonight. I thought it's only sensible that I eat something light after stuffing myself with a lot of fatty food for the past few days.

Passed by Kch Chicken Porridge but it wasn't opened :( There are quite a lot of eateries around. I could go to Curry House for Indian food. Hmmm... I better not. I just had papadoms last saturday. There is a very yummy claypot rice nearby but... rice again? A bit too heavy leh... Well, there are a couple of restaurants in the area too but... I'm in 'save mode'. What....? Everything has gone up but my salary so I should try not to spend too much. Gotta save some $$ for rainy days! Life is unpredictable. You never know when you need the money for a feast! ;p


Kch is known as a food haven but somehow, we always have trouble deciding where and what to eat. Weird I know... but that's the fact. We drove around aimlessly while thinking of a place for dinner. Suddenly, a banner by the roadside caught our attention -- fried rice, fried noodles, fried bee hoon or fried kueh tiaw for RM2.50; Chicken Chop for RM6.50; Fish & chips for RM8.50; Nasi Lemak, Curry Chicken or Porridge for RM2.50.....? I'm not sure what attracted me the most. The food or the price or the fact that I was hungry ;p

The place is called Heritage Cafe, previously a gallery and now being converted to a cafe. Quite an ordinary cafe and pretty quiet too. Honestly, my friend and I thought of 'running away' because we figured that, with a business like that, food must be quite ordinary too. Then we thought - RM2.50 for a mistake doesn't seem so bad lah. So we walked in. This is a risk all food hunters must be able take ^^


Never judge a book by its cover is the lesson I've learnt. Not only are food cheap but also surprisingly tasty! AND they are huge for that kind of price too. I ordered a sandwich. It was half the size of the sandwich I get at
Tempayan. AND for only










RM 3.50!!!!




My sandwich (1 sunny side up egg, turkey ham, 1 slice of melted cheese, tomatoes, lettuce) comes with Coleslaw, french fries.


Let me summarise my meal at HC - cheap, delicious & big portion. It's definitely value for money. Am definitely going back there again... Heard that the Nasi Lemak is not bad... I shall try it the next time I go... As it's a family business [the owner & family live upstairs], food menu is limited and service can be a bit slow. It's OK lah... just order, sit back and enjoy the aircond while waiting....... ^^


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

heritage...heritage...so familiar but i just can't think of the place... RM2.50 really dirt cheap! that day i ate kolo mee at some 'bird dont lay egg' place cost me RM2.70 already!...not even a proper shop just a stall by the road side leh.

a moi...your blog is becoming a food blog liao...ha ha! but keep it up ah!

Anonymous said...

hmmm... what does that say abt me huh? eat too much i think. must cut down liao...

waaaahh.. even home cooked maggie mee with one egg tastes better then.. don't go back there.. con ppl oneee..

Jane Jane said...

haha..ya, food blog tat makes ppl mouth water....next time wanna search for food to eat in kch, log in to jenn's page...and tat also means jenn has become our guinea pig for trying out different types of food...beware of fat, sis....

Anonymous said...

aduh... u eat a lot man!!!! i cant beat you..... u dun need to put down resolution on cutting your food lah... tam chiak people is very hard to achieve one.... keep eating lah....

Anonymous said...

That explains why i keep renewing my NY resolution ;p

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if Jenn has turned into a complete rubbish bin nowadays....haha...why do I say that? Well, all (except Jenn) told me that Heritage food suckss so much and service is super lao ya....Jenn has so far been the only and first person to say it's nice....congrats Jenn for becoming a member of DBKU or DBKS....:D