Monday, September 27, 2010

Strange strange place


I'm feeling particularly blue today. It must be because of the dark, gloomy, rainy weather outside. How i wish I were at home hiding beneath my warm & cozy blanket & dreaming away! *ZZZzz* Another weekend just came and went. Somehow, time flies during weekend! WHY?!

Had dinner with my long lost friend at the weekend. WW and I were in the mood to be adventurous. We wanted to try 'new' food. New as in both of us have never been before. Although we were starving like mad, we still willingly crossed the deep sea and high mountains to get to a place far far away. We heard from someone that it makes different food. Mannnn, this person better be right!!

The place looked quite filled up from the outside. That's a good sign because crowds usually means good food. Ooo, i can't wait to try! But that eagerness soon vanished when we entered the shop.

Why is it dark inside? I guess the owner probably wanted to conserve energy because the brightness came from the lights at the corridor. NVM. It's good for Earth. As long as we can see what we are eating, I don't care...

Then the ladyboss came to our table and sat down with us. WW and I were waiting for her to introduce their famous dishes but instead, she sat back at the chair lazily not saying a word.

Weird. Has she worked too much that all she wanted to do is rest? Or is she being forced to give up her Saturday night to help out in theshop? Coz she sure didn't look like she wanted to do business. Or maybe because WW & I are 'small fish' so she didn't see why she had to spend her energy to entertain us.

WW broke the silence first and did what any first comer would do and asked for some recommendations. The lady, still v relaxed in her chair said "鱼囉,虾囉,肉囉 (fish, prawn. meat)". She stopped there. Har? Is that all? Such general menu ah? So we asked for more. She replied "菜囉, 鱼囉,虾囉,肉囉 (veggie, fish, prawn, meat)" Full stop again. Err.. what's up with her ah? Then we asked her if there is any non-seafood dish? She replied "雞囉,猪囉,牛囉 (chicken, pork, beef)". I was falling asleep as she went thru her menu, if it was even one *Zzzz* It's indeed different, just like the person said but different experience, not different food. Funny....

ooo, guess what? I'm having ginger milk tea tarik right now. A perfect drink on this cold, gloomy weather.


Instead of keeping my hot take-away milk tea in a plastic cup, i got him to put inside my thermo cup. Such good idea coz it's still warm when i reached office. Somemore I saved a few trees by avoiding plastic cup and also avoid cancer! One stone kill 3 birds. So clever of me! hehe...

2 comments:

baby jane said...

hahaha...what a good introduction....i bet if next time ppl ask what's there to drink..she will say water lor, tea lor, kopi lo, soft drink lo..

i like the teh you were having in the thermo cup la...

英 said...

世外高人开的店,等待有缘人渗透天机,深......