Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Holiday Food


We had a 4 day long weekend a few weeks ago. I love holidays because holiday means not having to be woken up by the alarm clock, not having to work, u can do anything u want and best of all, it's OK to be lazy :P

Of course, i didn't be lazy la. I used my time wisely by doing things I didn't have time to do, like cleaning my room (although it is quite well maintained all this while)! :P

Although i love that fact that i can take things easy, but it was a pain that most of the kopitiams were closed! Every morning, we spent our time exploring the whole town because all our usual eateries were closed T___T Then we decided to take chances and ended up with not so delicious food, but their business was good anyway because all the good ones were also on holiday.... 

On the 3rd day of holiday, one of our usual eateries was opened (Yaye!). Mum being mum, she ordered the biggest plate of special curry rice for me! It came with veggie, an egg, steamed chicken, roasted chicken, roasted pork + a bowl of curry soup. Wah, i think it could feed 2 people! But i finished it anyway and thought of skipping lunch later. Mum asked me to go grab her a morning newspaper. It was quite a hot day but i didn't mind taking a walk because it would definitely help with digestion!

I walked in the lonely street. All shops were closed and there wasn't even much cars on the road! Half way, i saw a stall selling fried you tiao (crispy rice rolls 油條). The father was busy frying the rice rolls while his little son was in charge of serving the customers. I hadn't had this for a long long time! I remember, when i was working in the dim sum restaurant, one of my favourite dishes is steamed rice rolls stuff with crispy rice rolls (炸油條腸粉). The outside was soft while the inside was crunchy, it was such a heavenly combination! 

in case you are wondering what's 炸油條腸粉, this is it! 
Doesn't it look yummy? *drool*


So i decided to buy 2 pieces  (hmmm, didn't i just had a big breakfast?!) and continued my search for newspaper. Good thing that the newspaper stall was just around the corner!

 Crispy rice rolls + newspaper



I walked back to the kopitiam with my 'trophies'. my mum was happy to see that i got her a newspaper and even happier when she saw the crispy rice rolls. I couldn't believe it but I actually ordered a cup of milk tea to go with the rice rolls! what to do? Must consume them immediately because soft crispy rice rolls are awful!

you know what? i didn't manage to skip lunch that day. My friend wanted to eat Indian food and I had Nasi Bryanni + Teh Tarik.

Indian Cuisine!


Sigh, no wonder my skinny jeans are getting tighter and tigher :S

11 comments:

baby jane said...

har? rice rolls was awful? really? poor daddy and the little boy :(

u are purple dinasaur...scary, bottomless hole.

i wan milk tea!!

jenn said...

no la.. @_@ i was saying, i must finish the rice rolls immediately before they lost their crunchiness

haha, no more bottomless hole T___T the hole is starting to fill up liao :(

baby jane said...

tsk tsk tsk..looks like age is catching up.

last week my friend said my appetite not as big as before anymore...@_@

可 said...

这是不是“老”的像徵啊! 嘻嘻!

KimBerly said...

Opppsss...typo error ...is me...Kim.

jenn said...

kimberly, 你是说jane有‘老”的像徵,对吧?因为我还是吃那么多,绝对还在发育中! 哈哈~

Kimmy said...

iosilo...你你你....我我我....我是在说我自己啦!

lj said...

你们这样会逼jane力图证明她还年轻而狂吃吗?口怜~

还是第一次听见炸油條腸粉,看起来像肠包大便耶~呕~尤其油条软掉后。

jenn, 还是你考虑不穿紧身裤好了?嘿嘿嘿!

jenn said...


lj, 你你你....真的很坏! 把我爱吃的炸两粉肠形容的那么惡心!你不懂啦,真的很好吃。外软内脆的,很过瘾呢!

哈哈,没办法不穿紧身裤了,因宽松的裤裤已变紧身裤了T____T

baby jane said...

哈哈哈,我老了,所以下次你们要对我好一点。

咦~~~ LJ, 你有眼不识泰山啊,有眼无珠啊,不懂得欣赏啊,不懂不懂不懂!!! 大便也出来料,看来最近LJ面对很多大便呢。。。是不是你最近的心境啊。。。俗语说:心像大便,所以什么都看起来像大便。嘿嘿 *偷笑*

jenn said...

那我暂时还是不要让 LJ 看到。我怕 LJ 说我长的像大便!哭跑~