Friday, June 22, 2012

From afar....


Two yrs ago, I spent a lot of effort arranging a nice Cambodian tour for myself and a group of friends. The local tour guide I communicated with was quite good in his job. Whatever I asked for, he gave me detailed replies. Even for those I didn't ask for, he also provided.. Oooo, I'd a good feeling about this trip! Oh YEAH!

Unfortunately,  I didn't get to enjoy the fruits of my hard work in the end.... I had to stay back because there was more important task to deal with at home back then.... Yeah,  I'm a very responsible person.... and I KNOW IT! ;P

When my friends returned from Siem Reap (which reminds me, some of my friends said they bought me souvenirs but they never pass them to me Hmmmm...), the tour guide wrote to me to say thank you~~ and hope to see me in person next time... Oooo, nice of him to say that. He sure knows how to do business - that's what I thought at that time.... 

Two years has come and gone.... Another group of friends were going to Cambodia for holiday...  That kinda reminded me about my long outstanding Cambodian trip!  Don't despair, I will definitely make it ONE DAY! that's positive thinking! haha... Anyway, I remembered this tour guide whom I liaised with 2 yrs ago and  recommended  him to my friends.. I know I have never personally used his service before, so how could i give my recommendation? Well, he did give good customer services when I liaised with him and my friends came back with fond memories.. so i guess that's pretty good testimonials....  Turns out, this group of friends of mine also had a lot of fun in Cambodia too! 

When i met up with my friend, he said he has a surprise for me.. A surprise? I hope it isn't some kind of fried spiders or unknown insects from Cambodia... but the word 'suprise' sounds so mysterious! Hope it's something good....

He then passed to me a really nice bag.. wow, it's really cute! The bag is made from vine. He said there is more surprises in it.. so i quickly opened the bag and found a really nice scarf! Guess what? It's a gift from the Cambodian tour guide. After 2 yrs, he still remembers me? wow! My friend said he actually went to search for a gift in the night market. That's very touching *sniff sniff~~

Nice gift box!



This time, it's my turn to write a thank you note to him.. He told me that both the bag and the scarf are handmade and that the scarf is silk.  It's called a krama. I googled and learned that a krama is actually a traditional Cambodian garment to carry children, to cover the face, and for decorative purposes.  Wow, looks like it's a multifunction piece of garment!

I don't have children.. so Friends, if you want to borrow my high class silk scarf to carry your babies, please let me know.. i can consider renting it out BUT  for a fee...  I know I shouldn't charge  because friends should avoid money matters.. but u see, am trying to save some money to realise my long outstanding trip to Cambodia, so....

I know all my friends are generous and kind people, they sure don't mind to sponsor me , right?

Thank you in advance~~~ am so lucky to have friends like you all *big kiss~~ :3

4 comments:

Baby Jane said...

Wah, this is what I call extraordinary customer service. There is a taxi driver in shanghai who also remember my name. I only called him once using my prepaid card and didnt think much abt it, after mths when I came bek to shanghai, I used the number and when he picked up, he called me miss kho.
I was so touched n called him everytime now
When I wanna go airport :) and I recommend him to all my friends !

jenn said...

Little things do make a difference :)

lj said...

nice! make extra effort and the good kharma goes back. wah! your scarf so precious i dont dare to borrow ah! such great yuan fen~

jenn said...

yeah, it's a good cycle :P
lj, u r precious also leh...