Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Dark Secret.... no more.....

We have an old scooter at home. It's my dad's... My mum used to ask him to sell it off since he no longer uses it but my dad always refused.



My dad has always been the 'thrower' in the house. He can throw out anything (esp other people's! >___< ) without any hesitation but when it comes to his beloved scooter, he just wouldn't part with it...

I can understand.... it's his very first 'girlfriend' which he bought with his hard earned money. And the scooter went to places with him... he must have fond memories and deeps feelings for it. That's for sure....

When we were little kids, dad used to take us out on that scooter. of coz we took turns la.. Sometimes we fought coz one of us went for a ride longer than others... the things kids fight over.. haha...

That day (after soOOOOooo many years......), my mum mentioned to my dad abt the scooter again... This time, she asked my dad to sell it off as scrap iron because it is rusty and still not usable... Again, my dad refused.

How old and rusty? see for yourself


Lonely old scooter



I suddenly remembered about the things we did many many years ago.... My sisters, brother and I played police & thief game in the house one day and accidentally knock over & broke the 福禄寿 figurines in the living room. And to avoid being scolded, we decided to bury the evidence... We didn't dig a deep hole in the backyard to conceal the bodies.. We took the easy way out and hid them in my dad's scooter compartment.

After more than 20 years, my parents still haven't found out about the 'murder' case! Ahahahahaha.... I went to the old and rusty scooter after my parents' conversation and guess what? The broken 福禄寿 are still at their secret place!! Yes i know.. how could we slipped away with such crime since the 福禄寿 were big and obvious figurines in the living room!


The well hidden bodies


We might have safely escaped my parents' scolding, but will we be punished by 福禄寿 instead, for killing them? I hope not.... They have big and kind hearts. I'm sure we have been forgiven ^^

4 comments:

lj said...

wah~ after 20 years the evidence still exist! n your parents never knew the statues missing? r u going to confess with them now? :p

ha! since your dad won't throw away his precious, why not use your creativity to turn it into a piece of art? for example the cushion there become a flower bed?

baby jane said...

yday, my brother's friend asked abt it again...he said he tried to buy fr my dad last time and my dad refused...i think it can still be repaired and can still run oh...

Alicia said...

oh no... still have fire crackers in there, am I looking correctly??/ you hide them when the police came is it????

jenn said...

muahaha lj, so creative of u. maybe i could open a scooter cafe :P

haha jane, u wanna sponsor the repair costs?

ahaha.. we got all sort of 'treasures' in the compartment. got one chopstick. did u see? hehehe...