Thursday, February 15, 2007

Diminishing Excitement

I used to feel excited about CNY. My excitement would grew as it came closer because it was the only time I could make extra $$$. When I was youngER, 5 x Hudson sweets = 20c; 1 x soya bean milk = 20c. A $2 angpow meant a lot to me at that time because $2 = 50 x Hudson sweets or 10 x soya bean milk. Yup, $2 was a HUGE sum to me. It was enough to make me feel like Bill Gates, the richest man on earth!

Strangely, I no longer feel the same way about CNY. Everyone is busy with CNY preparation while I feel that it's just another long holiday. Is something wrong with me? WHAT HAPPEN TO ME?! May be I have turned cold blooded? May be it's because I know I won't get any angpows this yr? Am I the only person who is not excited about CNY? I'm still looking forward to CNY though. Because it is the only time I give myself excuses to fill my stomach with all the unhealhty tit bits and fizzy drinks! ahahaha... Wait a minute, I do that on Hari Raya and X'mas too! DAMN!

No comments: