Thursday, June 11, 2015

What we do during Gawai Holiday

5 days of work-free day just came and went in a blink of an eye... But i was kinda happy that it's over because during the Gawai holiday, hunting for a meal was been a challenge! 90% of the eating places were closed.

It kinda reminds me of Chinese New Year, when practically the whole town turns into Ghost Town. Once, Jane and I filled our empty tummies at a fast food restaurant for 1 whole week T____T From there, I learned that we have to stock up before CNY although i failed miserably this year :( I will sure make sure I act EARLIER next time. Have to be very kiasu when it comes to food! 

We drove quite a distance to the rural area to visit some friends on the first day of Gawai. I must say, it was a FOODful trip. It was fun although the weather was burning hot! 

The hosts served us sOOooo much food that I wish it was Gawai everyday! Then we wouldn't have to go all over the town to look for food! haha...  

Although food hunting was difficult during Gawai Holiday, guess what? We still managed to find some local delicacies to indulge in. That's what we do when we have bored haha...


Healthier version of ice-kacang

These prawn cakes and yam cubes are delicious!

Smelly but tasty Belacan Bee hoon! 
My old time favourite!

I am so overweight after so much food. I must find time to exercise. I must find time to walk after meals. I must.... Well, how about, EAT LESS?  @.@



2 comments:

Tracy said...

I miss belacan mee hoon....

jenn said...

come come.. i bring u to eat nice belacan bee hoon